3 UCLA players face punishment at home after China incident

Freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley were on a plane back to Los Angeles that was due to land late Tuesday afternoon after a 12-hour flight from Shanghai.
Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said the matter "has been resolved to the satisfaction of the Chinese authorities."

Archaeologists discover hundreds of human skeletons on horrifying ‘Murder Island’



Woman guilty in alleged murder for hire, collapses after hearing verdic

Missouri girl, 14, thought she was shooting a deer when she pulled the trigger

Diplomats worry Tillerson transparency push is coupled to Clinton emails

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s assignment of as several as many hundred State Department officers to quickly clear an enormous backlog of public records requests is being met with deep skepticism by rank-and-file workers.

Tillerson says his goal is transparency. however several State staff worry the important reason is political: expediting the general public unleash of thousands of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s official emails.

The staffers additionally suspect the move — which can delegate several of them from much more substantive duties and has already sparked a union grievance — is supposed to force several of them to resign out of frustration with what square measure primarily clerical positions.

The issue spotlights the deepening distrust towards Tillerson at American capital, wherever his makes an attempt to structure the department, cut its budget and centralise political have already hurt morale. however it's drawing clapping from conservative teams, WHO are pressuring Tillerson to act on a backlog of thirteen,000 Freedom of data Act (FOIA) requests — several of them regarding emails and alternative records from Clinton’s tenure.

“We haven't understood why there is been a slow-walking of cathartic records, associated we've been quite public in counsel the administration to require an approach of utmost transparency,” aforementioned Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, a conservative activist cluster that has sued the Trump administration for additional Clinton documents.

Woman pink-slipped once showing Donald Trump the center finger as his procession passed

An yankee selling government has been pink-slipped from her job when giving the finger to President Donald Trump as his procession passed.

Juli Briskman, 50, was sport through Sterling, Virginia, last month once she was gone the president, on the way to his golf links.

“Here’s what was looking my head that day: ‘Really? You’re playing again?’” she same.

During her bike ride she same she was puzzling over the devastation in Puerto RICO, was furious that young immigrants delivered to the us as kids may be deported, was hopeless over the deaths and devastation in city, and anxious concerning her friends within the corps diplomatique United Nations agency distressed concerning their job security.

“I was puzzling over all this, tooling on, after I see the black cars return and that i keep in mind, Oh yeah, he was back on the golf links,” she told The Washington Post.

Donald Trump bumps fists with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe whereas enjoying golf with Japanese skilled Hideki Matsuyama   Credit: alpha foetoprotein
When the procession passed, she had no plan her one-fingered salute had been captured by lensman Brendan Smialowski, operating for Agence France-Presse and Getty pictures.

The image quickly went infective agent.

“I said, ‘Yeah, that’s me. Isn’t it funny?’ ” she same, once her friends asked if it had been her.

She denote it as her Facebook cowl ikon and her Twitter profile image. However, the owner of the yoga studio wherever she worked part-time asked her to get rid of the image, and he or she began receiving emailed threats.

She told her bosses at Akima, a government contractor, that she was the girl within the ikon.

“It was simply a alert,” she said.

At a look | Trump National Golf Club

But to her surprise, on Halloween she was pink-slipped, and escorted from the building, together with her bosses speech communication they wished her to “be professional” – despite the actual fact that the incident was at the weekend, and he or she wasn't carrying something that known her.

“I wasn’t even at work after I did that,” she said. “But they told Maine I profaned the code of conduct policy.”

Ms Briskman, a mother to 2 teenagers, was unrepentant.

“I’d love once more,” she said.

Trump says tougher gun laws not answer after Texas shooting

U.S. President Donald Trump, left, speaks as South Korean President Moon Jae-In listens throughout a joint news conference at the presidential Blue House in capital of South Korea, South Korea, Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017. (Jung Yeon-Je/Pool image via AP)

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — President Donald Trump says more durable gun laws wouldn't have prevented a mass shooting at a south Lone-Star State church, controversy that additional restrictions might need semiconductor diode to additional casualties.

Trump spoke at a conference in South Korea Tuesday wherever he was asked regarding "extreme vetting" for gun purchases. Trump said: "If you probably did what you are suggesting, there would are no distinction 3 days past and you may not have had that terribly brave one that happens to own a gun or a rifle in his trunk."

As he did following last month's city massacre of fifty eight individuals, Trump pushed back against the question, job it a "situation that most likely should not be mentioned too much" and noted that he was "in the center of South Korea."

Trump accessorial that if the great good Samaritan did not have a gun, "instead of getting twenty six dead, you'd have had a whole bunch additional dead."

Authorities say Devin Patrick Kelley pink-slipped a minimum of 450 rounds of ammunition at worshippers in Sunday's attack at the primary Protestant denomination in Joan Sutherland Springs. The dead ranged in age from eighteen months to seventy seven years recent.

Trump's additional muted response to gun violence contrasts along with his swift involve legislative and group action following the Gregorian calendar month. thirty one truck attack in ny town. inside hours of a rental truck ramming through a jam-pawncked bicycle path and into a faculty bus, Trump entailed Congress to "immediately" repeal the variety visa lottery program that suspect Sayfullo Saipov, associate degree Uzbek national, wont to enter the country in 2010.

After the city shooting, Trump and aides aforementioned it absolutely was inappropriate to think about a policy response whereas individuals were still sorrowful. Despite days later suggesting openness to outlawing the bump stock device that allowed city shooter author pen to fireplace at near-automatic rates, the Trump administration has shown no signs of urgency.

Trump, World Health Organization supported regulating before reversing his position to enter the Republican presidential primary, courted the National Rifle Association's endorsement in 2016, and earlier this year became the primary president in 3 decades to talk at the gun group's annual convention.

Tyga Says the web craze Over His Snapchat regarding throwing stick Jenner's Baby 'Was a pretend Story'

Hours once news of throwing stick Jenner‘s physiological condition together with her new man Travis Scott stone-broke in mid-September, fans captured screenshots from Tyga ostensibly claiming to be the daddy of her kid.

“Hell nah thats my child,” Tyga reportedly captioned a since-deleted image of a newspaper article regarding Jenner’s physiological condition on his Snapchat account.

But now, Tyga, 27, is insistence he didn’t create those claims regarding Dr., whom he dated on and off for years before the couple split in April.

“I didn’t investigate something, I didn’t investigate something, it had been a pretend story,” he told subway.co.uk, and another specifically of the reported  Snapchat post, “It’s all a pretend story.”

The exes have each found romance with somebody new: Tyga with Kamilla Osman (who bears a hanging likeness to Kim Kardashian) and Dr. with rapper Scott, 25.

When news of Jenner’s physiological condition stone-broke, a supply told people who Dr. is elated regarding her staff of life within the oven: a female offspring due in Feb.

“The family has notable for quite a while. She is absolutely excited and then is Travis,” the supply aforesaid.
Another supply near the family told PEOPLE: “It is AN surprising however fully superb flip of events that she couldn't be additional excited or excited regarding.”

“Everyone is joyful for her,” the supply aforesaid. “This is that the happiest she’s ever been.”

Another corporate executive aforesaid Scott began telling friends regarding the physiological condition in July. “He was thus excited he couldn’t keep it in,” the corporate executive aforesaid. “He’s been thus fond and protecting of throwing stick since they recognized. He can’t wait to be a daddy.”

Watch As Donald Trump completely offers au fait Feeding Fish In Japan

There’s one thing shady occurring in Edo, wherever President Donald Trump’s trip to Asia had a lighter moment on Monday when a photograph chance went slightly off-script.

Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe were feeding fish at Akasaka Palace in Edo. every control tiny|alittle|atiny low} box and a spoon to toss small amounts of fish food into the water.

Trump contend along:


But then he distributed with the spoon and easily drop the remainder of the fish food into the pond:



Hurricane Ophelia: Thousands lose power as storm hits Ireland

Thousands are without power in southern Ireland as the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia reach the British Isles.
The Met Office has warned of "potential danger to life", with winds off the south coast of Ireland reaching 109mph (176km/h) at Fastnet Rock.
In the Republic of Ireland, Met Eireann has issued a red wind warning and the government has deployed the army.
An amber warning for Northern Ireland, west Wales, south west Scotland and the Isle of Man is in force from midday.
The BBC's Ireland correspondent, Chris Page, said it would be the most severe storm to hit Ireland in half a century.
Ophelia is on its way from the Azores in the Atlantic Ocean and it comes 30 years after the UK's Great Storm of 1987.
Ireland's Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said the "dangerous" storm had reached the southern part of Ireland, with trees down and 15,000 people without power.
He said the power will be repaired by ESB Networks when it is safe to do so and advised people to stay indoors until the storm had passed.
  • Hurricane Ophelia: Latest updates
  • All Northern Ireland schools to close after storm warning
  • Amber warning for Scotland
  • Great Storm of 1987: The day 18 people were killed
The Met Office said there was a "good chance" Northern Ireland could be hit on Monday afternoon by power cuts, flying debris, large waves in coastal areas and disruption to all travel services.
A yellow warning of "very windy weather" also covers parts of Scotland, the west and north of England and Wales.
Met Eireann meteorologist Joanna Donnelly told BBC Breakfast that "hurricane-force winds" were expected and the "real impact" for the Republic of Ireland will be about midday.

Many ferries, trains, buses and flights across the island have been cancelled.
Dublin Airport said while early morning flights were operating as normal, up to 130 flights are expected to be cancelled when the storm hits later.
Belfast Airport said flights were scheduled to operate as normal, but passengers should check with their airline.
Ryanair, Aer Lingus, British Airways, Qatar Airways, Air France, CityJet, Emirates and KLM have all cancelled some flights due to the severe weather.

Northern Ireland's Department of Education said all schools were closed, in an "entirely precautionary" measure.
All schools and colleges in the Republic of Ireland, where "violent and destructive gusts" are forecast, are also shut.

The Department of Education and Skills said the decision had been made "following discussions with members of the Government Task Force on Emergency Planning and in light of the advice from Met Eireann on this unprecedented storm."
Northern Ireland's chief justice has advised the judiciary that all courts should finish by 12:30 BST.
Ireland's Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said defence forces were being sent to red weather alert areas - including Wexford, Galway, Mayo, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Waterford.
It has been downgraded to a category one hurricane by the US National Hurricane Center and is forecast to continue gradually weakening.
Three battalions of soldiers - 1,200 personnel in total - are on permanent standby to deal with major incidents in the UK, but the Ministry of Defence said no specific requests had yet been made of them by local authorities.
The Republic of Ireland's Met Office predicts coastal areas will be hit by winds in excess of 80mph (130km/h) from 09:00 BST on Monday until Tuesday and is warning against unnecessary travel.
Gerald Fleming, head of its general forecasting division, told Irish broadcaster RTE: "The track is very consistent [and] has been for days.
"The strongest winds [will be] along the south coast.

'Huge contrasts'

"That'll be tomorrow morning, and it'll track up the centre again, going up along the western part of the country."
 Monday would be a "day of huge contrasts" with the strong gusts of wind travelling over the Irish Sea and heading north to central and southern Scotland, sparing eastern parts of the UK.
Eastern England is instead expected to enjoy unseasonably warm weather, with temperatures of 22C or 23C on Monday - compared with an average for mid-October of 15C.
Highs of 24C were recorded in the region on Saturday as some parts of the country basked in a "mini heatwave" thanks to warm air brought by Hurricane Ophelia.

Marilyn Manson was in 'excruciating pain' after stage accident

Marilyn Manson has discussed for the first time the "excruciating" stage accident that resulted in a leg injury and nine postponed tour dates.
The singer was crushed when a giant prop gun collapsed on him during a concert in New York on 30 September.
"It was terrifying," said the rock star, who needed a plate and 10 screws in his fibula after the accident.
He told Yahoo news that, contrary to media reports, he was not responsible for the prop toppling over.
"I wasn't trying to climb it," said the 48-year-old.
"It started to fall and I tried to push back and I didn't get out the way in time.
"I'm not sure what I hit my head on, but it did fall on to my leg and break the fibula in two places. The pain was excruciating."

It took several minutes for the stage crew to free Manson, who appeared limp and unconscious.
As well as the injury to his lower leg, the star required a screw through his ankle bone. He has spent the last two weeks recovering at home in Los Angeles.
Manson said he regretted that his tour "got cut off right" just as he "was about to put it into second gear".
But he added, "I'll be back there really shortly, and it's going to be as exciting as it was starting out."
The star has rescheduled several US tour dates for January and February 2018. He is due to play seven UK dates in December.

Somalia truck bombing toll over 300 as funerals continue

Somalia truck bombing toll over 300 as funerals continue
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) — The death toll from Saturday's truck bombing in Somalia's capital is now over 300, the director of an ambulance service said Monday, as this country reeled from the deadliest single attack it's ever experienced.

More people have died of their wounds in the past few hours, said Dr. Abdulkadir Adam of Aamin Ambulance. Funerals have continued and the government said the death toll is expected to rise.

Saturday's truck bombing targeted a crowded street in Mogadishu, and about 300 others were injured. Somalia's government is blaming the al-Qaida-linked al-Shabab extremist group, which has not commented.

More than 70 critically injured people were being airlifted to Turkey for treatment on Monday as international aid began to arrive, said officials. Nervous relatives stood on the tarmac at the airport, praying for the recovery of their loved ones.

Overwhelmed hospitals in Mogadishu were struggling to assist other badly wounded victims, many burned beyond recognition.

The attack was one of the worst in the world in recent years. It is one of the deadliest attacks in sub-Saharan Africa, larger than the Garissa University attack in Kenya in 2015, in which 148 died, and the U.S. Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998, in which about 219 were killed.

In addition to Tukey, Kenya and Ethiopia have offered to send medical aid in response to what Somali's government has called a "national disaster," said Information Minister Abdirahman Osman.

Al-Shabab, Africa's deadliest Islamic extremist group, often targets high-profile areas of Mogadishu. Earlier this year, it vowed to step up attacks after both the Trump administration and Somalia's recently elected president announced new military efforts against the group.

The country's Somali-American leader, President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, has declared three days of mourning and joined thousands of people who responded to a desperate plea by hospitals to donate blood.

"This is really horrendous, unlike any other time in the past," said Dr. Mohamed Yusuf, the director of Medina hospital.

Exhausted doctors struggled to keep their eyes open, while screams from victims and newly bereaved families echoed through the halls.

Mogadishu, a city long accustomed to deadly bombings by al-Shabab, was stunned by the force of Saturday's blast. The explosion shattered hopes of recovery in an impoverished country left fragile by decades of conflict, and it again raised doubts over the government's ability to secure the seaside city of more than 2 million people.

The United States has condemned the bombing, saying "such cowardly attacks reinvigorate the commitment of the United States to assist our Somali and African Union partners to combat the scourge of terrorism." It tweeted a photo of its charge d'affaires in Somalia donating blood. But the U.S. Africa Command said U.S. forces had not been asked to provide aid.

The U.S. military has stepped up drone strikes and other efforts this year against al-Shabab, which is also fighting the Somali military and over 20,000 African Union forces in the country.

Saturday's blast occurred two days after the head of the U.S. Africa Command was in Mogadishu to meet with Somalia's president, and two days after the country's defense minister and army chief resigned for undisclosed reasons.

The United Nations special envoy to Somalia called the attack "revolting." Michael Keating said the U.N. and African Union were supporting the Somali government's response with "logistical support, medical supplies and expertise."