Chelsea Clinton signals she may follow her parents into politics

Monday, April 8, 2013 0 comments

'Right now I’m grateful to live in a city, in a state, in a country where I strongly support my mayor, my governor and my president and my senators and my representative,' the former first daughter said. But she added that she would consider her own run for office if that changes.

 Chelsea Clinton spoke at the third day of the Clinton Global Initiative University conference in St. Louis on Sunday. CGI U is an annual meeting for college students hosted by former President Bill Clinton and the former first daughter.

Christian Gooden/AP

Chelsea Clinton spoke at the third day of the Clinton Global Initiative University conference in St. Louis on Sunday. CGI U is an annual meeting for college students hosted by former President Bill Clinton and the former first daughter.

Hillary isn’t the only Clinton who may be launching a political campaign down the road.
Chelsea Clinton opened the door to a run for public office during a segment on NBC’s “Today” that aired Monday.
RELATED: CLINTON 2016? POLITICAL PUNDITS SAY HILLARY PRESIDENTIAL RUN ALL BUT CERTAIN
“Right now I’m grateful to live in a city, in a state, in a country where I strongly support my mayor, my governor and my president and my senators and my representative,” said the former first daughter. “If at some point that weren’t true and I thought I could make a meaningful and measurably greater impact, you know, I’d have to ask and answer that question.”
It isn’t the first time that Clinton – a special NBC News correspondent also heavily involved with her father’s Clinton Global Initiative – has signaled that she may follow in her parents’ public footsteps.
Chelsea Clinton helmed  a discussion group about empowering women during the Clinton Global Initiative University conference.

Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images

Chelsea Clinton helmed a discussion group about empowering women during the Clinton Global Initiative University conference.

RELATED: CHELSEA CLINTON SAYS SHE WANTS MOM TO ‘REST’
In an interview in Vogue last year, Chelsea Clinton said her mother’s political career has made her consider one of her own – if, she said, she didn’t think there was another candidate “sufficiently committed to building a healthier, more just, more equitable, more productive world.”
In the “Today” interview, she also addressed the intense speculation about her mother’s plans for 2016. As the former Secretary of State has stepped back onto the public stage in recent weeks, pundits on both sides of the aisle have theorized that she is laying the groundwork for another presidential campaign.
RELATED: CHELSEA CLINTON TO BUY $10.5 MILLION APARTMENT
“I deeply respect and appreciate all of the admiration and respect and gratitude for my mother’s service,” she told “Today.” “As a daughter, I very much want her to make the right choice for herself. I know that will be the right choice for our country, and I’ll support her in whatever she chooses to do.”

( From Theusdaily )

Share this article :

Post a Comment

Hello World Visit My News Website, So But Very Very Post News Dayle,
Thank You =D

 
Support : Creating Website | Download | Live TV
Copyright © 2011. New York News 24 Hours - All Rights Reserved
Website Design by Md Shawaan Published by MD SHAWAAN
Powered by Website